Thursday, February 7, 2013



BAND: We Are the Blog
EP: Decadence


This band is one of the reasons that I am huge fan of Twitter. I hear people, a lot, saying I'm not on Twitter I don't get Twitter. Blah, Blah, Blah. Well I get Twitter I get connected with bands that other people have never heard of, yet.

Flipping through my Twitter I got a new Follower that I didn't recognize. It was Collin Toner one of the vocalists of We Are The Blog. Intrigued I went out and did a little Internet searching and came upon "Decadence", the latest 5 song EP from this Minneapolis metal-core sextet. I was blown away from the first notes. Corruptcake intros with an echoy, wispy, haunting build into growling vocals that punch you in the ears.

As the drums, guitars and bass hit their first notes they drive you into wanting to ball up your fist and start pounding it on something. Every song on this EP brings an unbelievable balance of the screaming and growling, that is a mark of metal-core, and crystal clear vocals. This band utilizes the growling to punctuate the emotion of each song and drive the listener forward.

 For me I listened to this several times over, during a grueling workout, and was able to draw motivation from the ebb and flow of each song. As Velocirapture faded out on the last time through I walked out of the gym feeling energized and with a big smile on my face. This EP left me wanting for a live We Are the Blog show.

No comments:

Post a Comment